Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Drive-Bys & Disappointment

Throughout the past year I have tapped into a new, slightly neurotic, obsession.  I like to call it funkifying, which essentially means taking random things (most often some type of furniture) and infusing a piece of 'me' into them. I am so fortunate to have a hubby who not only agrees to embark on these creative adventures with me, but enjoys it and takes care of all the dirty work for me (ie, sanding, cutting, measuring, etc).  Due to the fact that our home does not have space for the many pieces we are constantly working on, we would eventually LOVE to sell what we make to support our funkifying 'habit'. 

We recently saw signs for a 'City Wide' yard sale, and my heart skipped a beat.  Let me rewind just a bit and let you all know that I absolutely DESPISE yard sales.  I hate walking up with high hopes, only to find piles of absolutely nothing of interest.  I hate doing creeper status 'drive bys' to avoid the previously mentioned issue.  I hate driving around looking for this mystical yard sale, only to find one tucked away in a tiny corner of a garage with 2 pathetic items (#wasteofmygasfolks).  So when I read that there was a city wide yard sale, I was sure that none of these things would be an issue.  I imagined miles and miles of perfect pieces, calling out my name, begging to be re-funk-ified.  That, my friends, is not what I found.  Drive bys and disappointment enveloped this day, but I am happy to report that I did, in fact find the perfect tv stand.  So, I guess I should lock my whining into the trunk and move on with the funkifying pix.
Pretty pleased with the end result :-). 

1 comment: