Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I believe

I don't believe in New Years Resolutions.  I think they are a jinx to your inspired soul.  If someone feels motivated on December 30th it is almost guaranteed that they will wait until the first to execute their goal.  Then, by the time January 1st rolls around, all the momentum has fizzled and you're left with a goal that you may have halfway achieved if you had started when you had that lightbulb idea. 

I believe in resolve. 

Resolve: to progress from dissonance to consonance.
Dissonance:  inconsistency between the beliefs one holds or between one's actions and one's beliefs.
Consonance:  harmony or agreement among components.

I believe in bridging the gap between the person you are and the person you'd like to be.  I believe in pursuing harmony between your thoughts and your actions.  I also believe in doing these things whenever you feel the urge, whether that be on New Years Day, or April Fools Day.  

The silent pursuance of personal growth is a beautiful thing.  One that should be tended to 365 days out of the year, and one that should not be gaged by completion, but by progress that evokes bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And I especially loved the part about April Fool's Day, because that is when I plan to do my race, and therefore am attempting the thing that scares me most, yet that I'm most proud of. Love you and your beautiful writings, love!

    ReplyDelete