Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Decorate your soul

I love spring!  I think most people can agree with this sentiment, and with the weather gradually warming up and new life sprouting all around I have been overwhelmed with the desire to spruce up our exterior.  We moved into our new house a little over a year ago and have put very little attention to the front or back yard. We have focused on the interior, and although we will spend a lifetime making our house a home, we are pleased with the results so far.  In regards to the outside, it is a shizzzz box!  Dandelions, although whimsical and romantic in theory, are not so aesthetically pleasing when they overrun your yard as so...
Holy balls, make it stop!

Anywho, as much as I would like to report that they are gone, that would be a dirty lie.  They are still there, but The Hub did mow the lawn and we are hoping to get them under control and completely gut the yard next spring.  

We mainly focused on the backyard last night, in the hopes to give it a bit of life and color.  It felt so nice to enjoy the outdoors, smell the freshly cut grass, and get all kinds of dirt under my fingernails as we added a bit of flair to what has been a pretty pathetic and dismal backyard.  


This morning I ate breakfast outside and enjoyed my newly potted flowers.  Such a refreshing and simple upgrade!

"Plant your garden and decorate your soul"

1 comment:

  1. Love your flowers! You don't want too much to have to take care of this summer with a new baby anyway. The yard will come around. I've been in my house for 10 years now and it is still a work in progress...such is the life of a homeowner. LOL

    ReplyDelete