Saturday, August 25, 2012

Keepin' it Real- Zoo Edition

Okay, so tonight I am keeping it real.  I am rehashing today's adventures with as much candor as I can muster.  The boys and I hit the road today to explore the St. Louis Zoo.  Gentry loves animals and has loved every zoo we have been to in the past.  He was ecstatic for the day so we spent the last three days discussing what animals we might see, and what things we had loved about past zoo visits.  The Hubs and I were pleased that entry was free and knew that the day would be full of good times and lots of memories.  In the back of my mind I was nervous, which is one of my less then ideal qualities.  I have always been fairly go-with-the-flow, and have prided myself on my spontaneity.  That is, until I had a child.  Ever since giving birth to a living, breathing angel, I have experienced anxiety within crowds.  


The following things occurred throughout the day that both solidified my anxiety, as well as were a result of it:
G wet his pants on the freeway
Enter necessary Target visit
No Sunscreen
Enter Chapstick all over G's face (as a sunscreen substitute, CLEARLY) 
18million people decided to visit the zoo and stand in the middle of every walkway, EVERYWHERE
Enter crazy mom glare
G free-falled out of the stroller, mid push
Enter face plant and lots of tears (no bumps, bruises or blood occurred)

As we drove home The Hub and I were able to have a good laugh over my anxiety-induced B**** mode, and the days smashing success, despite some minor speed bumps.  G had a great time, and could not stop gabbing about the many animals he saw throughout the day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment